Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2nd Homestay

This past weekend, Catherine and I were paired together for our second homestay with the Lawrence family. They spoke Afrikaans and lived in the upper-middle class region of Windhoek. Randolph, the dad, owned a butchery that he had created from the ground up. Margareth, the mother, was a sweet and shy woman who frequently held my hand when we went to places (so sweet!). Marilize, our 15-year-old sister, was the most outgoing girl I've ever met, and she was adorable! She was so talkative, and she modeled for Apple Bottom Jeans. Llewellyn, our 26-year-old brother lived in the flat behind the house and helped his dad run the butchery. We had a really relaxing weekend with them and spent a lot of time resting our rooms, by the pool, or watching rugby. Our siblings took us on a night tour on Saturday, which was really fun! We also got to go to their church on Sunday, and Catherine and I loved being able to worship with them. We went back to Penduka on Monday. Yesterday, we heard a variety of speakers throughout the day, and then we visted the orphanage! I pretty much clung to a little girl, Rebecca, who I got to wash and hold for most of the 2 hours. She was precious :) Today, we've driven almost the entire way to our last, rural homestay. Sarah Tandy and I are partners, and we're pumped for meeting our family tonight!

1 comment:

  1. MEL MEL! I just got your postcard! ZOMG I love zebras. thank you sooo much, it was such a nice surprise :)i love you!

    ReplyDelete